Firstly I would like to thank all of you that voted our new above Friends of DBCPS team into our primary school. We all bring in our own unique talents to the team and we are all genuinely looking forward to having the opportunity to begin FUNdraising for our school. We have already organised some very exciting things coming up over the weeks ahead which are listed below. Should you want to keep abreast of all our news, please follow us on Facebook @fodbcps or, if you would like to become part of the ‘Friends of’ team and volunteer your services when you can, please CONTACT US. Many hands make light work.
We began our new venture by creating our own distinctive logo, so any correspondence from our team will be sporting this new emblem. We hope you see it around the school a bit more in the coming weeks.
In the lead up to our very first Christmas Market Fair on Friday 8 December from 3.30-5.30pm, we have some dates below we would like to add to your diary. And also an exciting festive school disco which has been requested by the student school council members. These dates have also been added to the schools calendar online.
Donations Day – 1 December 2017
Please bring in donations as per the classes below; all materials will be used at the Christmas Market Fair:-
- EYFS (Nursery & Reception) – Anything in jars i.e. jams, preserves, spreads, chutneys & biscuits, crackers etc so our team can make up a few Christmas Hampers to raffle off at our Market Fair.
- KS1 (Years 1 & 2) – Bathroom Toiletries for men & women for the ‘Children’s Secret Santa Room’.
- KS2 (Years 3 & 4) – Confectionery, Chocolate or nearly new Soft Toys for the ‘Something Sweet’ Tombola.
- KS2 (Years 5 & 6) – Any bottled drinks – Soft Drinks or Alcohol for the adult or children’s ‘Christmas Tipple’ Tombola.
Festive Own Clothes Day – 8 December 2017
Day of Christmas Market Fair – festive own clothes day for £1 per student to raise money for ‘Santa’s Workshop’.
Christmas School Disco – 18 December 2017
All tickets are £2.00
- EYFS & KS1 – 4-5pm – parents/guardians are invited; one free adult per child’s ticket / refreshments will be available for the adults.
- KS2 – 5.15-6.30pm – children only. All children will receive a sweetie bag and a drink with the ticket price.
We hope you can all attend the Christmas Market Fair where you can add to your Christmas shopping at the professional market stalls, have a go at the Tombola’s, stop off at the children only Secret Santa Room, visit our free Santa’s Grotto and have your newly purchased presents wrapped at the Gift Wrapping Station.
It would be great to see as many families there as possible to raise lots of money to put back into the school to help further the children’s educations and memories.
Joanne Harrison, Chair FoDBCPS