Alan Turing | Y1
Class Teacher: Mrs Kaszycka
Teaching Assistant: Miss Lloyd
Hello and welcome to Turing Class.
Our class is named after Alan Turing who is famous for being a passionate mathematician and for helping to decipher the Enigma code in the Second World War.
We are inspired by him to use our imagination and creativity to achieve great things.
In our class we LOVE learning and we are not afraid to get it wrong. We encourage the children to always accept a challenge and never give up!
Here we are with our own Enigma machine!
- Homework is given out on Fridays and to be returned by the following Wednesday for marking.
- Reading books will be changed once a week on a Monday, when your child will be given 2 books to share across the week. The books will be changed only if they are read and recorded in the Reading Record book.
- If you would like to practice reading with your child at home, there are some great games on Phonics Play. Please click on the following link: www.phonicsplay.co.uk. We would like the children to read as many books in Year 1 as possible. This can be any form of reading: comics, stories, fairy tails or online books on www.oxfordowl.co.uk.
- Please ensure that every item of your children’s clothing and a book bag is clearly labelled with their name.
- PE kits need to be brought in by Monday 12th September.
Have a lovely time in Year 1!