May 23, 2019
Since our core text has been Charlotte’s Web this term; both Year 5 classes had the exciting experience of creating their own watercolour and pastel web paintings. This piece will be the backdrop for the tin foil spiders that we created last week. The web paintings created a learning opportunity where we could deepen our understanding of mixed media techniques in art and to create a piece that had its own unique features (idiosyncrasies).
- Darian: What I enjoyed was mixing green and blue together to create my own colour – cyan.
- Honor: I learned that watercolour does not mix with pastels. When I drew the line in pastel, the watercolour ran to either side of the line.
- Nathan: I learned how to draw a spider web in pencil and to trace it in pastel effectively.
- Prosper: I enjoyed mixing water colours and exploring the colour palettes.
- Ijaz: I enjoyed the assembling process and blending colours.
- Layla: I really really enjoyed it! I learned all about colours and composition!